|This Article needs additional content. (Remove this when complete.)|
DCI Barnaby and DC Jones investigate the murder of Connor Simpson, a member of the Midsomer Worthy choir that had been rehearsing for an upcoming competition. The man was found in his home, bludgeoned to death with a poker. Simpson had received an apparently threatening note with a pig's heart enclosed. Soon after all members of the choir, Joyce Barnaby included, receive a note saying they're next. When local birdwatcher and photographer Sam Judd is also found dead - the victim of a 12 gauge shotgun - Barnaby is convinced that the two death are somehow linked. When they learn of Simpson's criminal convictions - and the reasons he went to jail - they are set on the path to solving the mystery.
- John Nettles as DCI Tom Barnaby
- Jason Hughes as DC Ben Jones
- Jane Wymark as Joyce Barnaby
- Laura Howard as Cully Barnaby
- Barry Jackson as Dr. George Bullard
- Patrick Drury as Connor Simpson
- Peter Capaldi as Laurence Barker
- Annabelle Apsion as Ellen Barker
- Sara Stewart as Carolyn Armitage
- Ronan Vibert as Giles Armitage
- Scott Handy as Stephen Latimer
- John Shrapnel as Leo Clarke
- Michael Fitzgerald as Francis Crawford
- John Cording as Sam Judd
- Alwyne Taylor as Dr. Catherine "Kath" Bullard
- Anthony Farrelly as Police Officer (uncredited)
- Joyia Fitch as Waitress (uncredited)
- Both Joyce Barnaby and Dr. George Bullard are a part of the Midsomer Worthy choir lead by Laurence Barker.
- Stephen Latimer and Carolyn Armitage were once a couple before she married.
- Stephen Latimer was the one who discovered the body of Connor Simpson.
- Sam Judd was originally the estate keeper for Hartsmede but was fired by Giles Armitage to cut costs. He is also an avid bird watcher.
- DC Jones is a fan of singing opera in the shower. He is a tenor as Joyce Barnaby exclaims. He joins the choir to investigate them.
The following actors and actresses who appeared in this episode have also appeared in the following episodes