When a young woman is dressed in veil and strangled in a bath, it triggers a spate of ghoulish wedding-themed murders in Great Worthy. The case takes DCI Barnaby and DS Jones to a donkey sanctuary, a heritage steam railway, and a pub run by an ex-copper and former brothel madam. With the serial killer still at large, could history be repeating itself?
Dianne Price is left dead in the style of the Brides in the Bath murders of almost a century earlier. Blessed be the Bride is scrawled in lipstick on her bathroom mirror. Her grieving flatmate Jo, who works at a donkey sanctuary run by hard-drinking Liz Tomlin and her antagonistic son Sam, takes the opportunity to escape her voyeuristic landlord Bernard Flack to move in with vet Fran Carter but Fran too is killed, also in a copycat murder from the 1930s, again bridal-related. Pub landlord Matt Rowntree, an ex-cop, is married to Nikki, a former madame whose girls specialized in dressing up fantasies which arouses Barnaby's suspicions but then an elderly couple are slain, with Just Married written on their car and Bridal Suite on the door. Bernard's voyeurism actually saves Jo's life as he calls the police to arrest the murderer, out to claim a fifth victim.
- Neil Dudgeon as DCI John Barnaby
- Jason Hughes as DS Ben Jones
- Barry Jackson as Dr. George Bullard
- Fiona Dolman as Sarah Barnaby
- Sarah Smart as Jo Starling
- Ron Cook as Bernard Flack
- Adrian Rawlins as David Orchard
- Melanie Kilburn as Yvonne Flack
- Andrew Buckley as Malcolm Merryman
- Daisy Haggard as Fran Carter
- Thomas Arnold as Sam Tomlin
- Pam Ferris as Liz Tomlin
- Lee Boardman as Matt Rowntree
- Kacey Ainsworth as Nikki Rowntree
- Malcolm Terris as Len Merryman
- Jane Thorne as Olive Merryman
- Lisa Brookes as Dianne Price
- Edward Clayton as Frank Bertram
- Chris Wilson as Police Officer (uncredited)
Body Count Notes
- The first two murders were copicats of famous murders from the past, hence "Echoing" the Dead.
The following actors and actresses who appeared in this episode have also appeared in the following episodes