- Tom: "Stop Troy, stop. We go down the hill, Troy"
- Troy: "I thought we were going to Upper Warden."
- Tom: "Yeah, we are. Upper Warden is down the hill; Lower Warden is up the hill."
- Troy: "That doesn't make any sense."
- Tom: "Troy, this is Midsomer!"
- Troy: "Sorry, I forgot"
- — An exchange between Barnaby and Troy. - A Tale of Two Hamlets
Midsomer Murders is a British television show based on the crime-novel series by author Caroline Graham. Midsomer Murders follows the efforts of Detective Chief Inspector John Barnaby to solve the unusually high number of murders that occur in the wealthy, isolated English county of Midsomer, a picturesque and peaceful place on the outside but one filled with amoral and snobbish eccentrics with all kinds of vices. His latest assistant is Detective Sergeant Jamie Winter. DCI John Barnaby took over in series 14, replacing his older cousin, DCI Tom Barnaby, who retired.
- First episode date]: March 23, 1997
- Networks: ITV, Sveriges Television, UTV, STV, ITV HD
- Acorn TV started streaming series 20 episodes on 3rd May 2018 and BritBox began on 4th May 2018. Both Acorn TV and Britbox are available to Amazon Prime members as add-on channels.
Cast and Crew
|DCI Tom Barnaby||John Nettles||1-13||81|
|Joyce Barnaby||Jane Wymark||1-13||81|
|Dr George Bullard||Barry Jackson||1-2|
|76||Did not appear in series 3|
|DI Ben Jones||Jason Hughes||9-15||53||Also guest appearance in Last Man Out in season 19|
|DCI John Barnaby||Neil Dudgeon||14-20||44||Guest appearance as DCI John Barnaby in The Sword of Guillaume and Fit For Murder|
Also appeared as Daniel Bolt in Garden of Death in series 4
|Cully Dixon||Laura Howard||1-3|
|43||Cully did not appear in Series 4 and 5|
|Sarah Barnaby||Fiona Dolman||14-20||39|
|DI Gavin Troy||Daniel Casey||1-7||30||Also guest appearance in Blood Wedding in series 11|
|DC Gail Stephens||Kirsty Dillon||10-13||24||Recurring character in series 10, joined regular cast in series 11|
|Dr Kate Wilding||Tamzin Malleson||14-17||19||Appeared in last 4 episodes of series 14|
|DS Charlie Nelson||Gwilym Lee||16-18||15|
|DS Daniel Scott||John Hopkins||7-8||14|
|DS Jamie Winter||Nick Hendrix||19-20||12|
|Dr Kam Karimore||Manjinder Virk||18-19||10|
|Dr. Fleur Perkins||Annette Badland||20||6|
|Dr Dan Peterson||Toby Jones||2-3||4||Took place of Dr Bullard in series 2 and 3|
There have been 6 different producers for the series through series 20 covering 122 episodes:
|Brian True-May||Series 1 - 14||89|
|Jo Wright||Series 15||6|
|Louise Sutton||Series 16||5|
|Phil Hunter||Series 17 and 18||10|
|Ella Kelly||Series 19||6|
|Guy Hescott||Series 20||6|
There have been 34 different writers for 122 episodes through series 20.
There have been 21 different directors for 122 episodes through series 20.